Orkney is famed for its award-winning food and drink; Orkney Cheese, Orkney Icecream, Orkney Meat, Stockans Oatcakes, Jollys of Orkney, Orkney Fudge, Orkney Crab, Brigg Larder, Orkney Buffalo to name a few. Read more here: www.orkneyfoodanddrink.com
- Award winning restaurant The Foveran is only a few miles from The Bothy and not only has beautiful food, but can offer great views over Scapa Flow.
- Kirkwall Hotel is highly rated and looks out over Kirkwall harbour. Booking ahead is recommended.
- The Skerries Bistro, open March – October, smoke the fish they serve themselves, in the restaurant and crabs and lobsters are brought into Burwick harbour daily, only 2 miles away.
- The Sands Hotel in Burray, the Lynnfield Hotel in Kirkwall, Hamnavoe Restaurant in Stromness and the Merkister Hotel in Harray all serve an array of great local food.
- Orkney Brewery has an excellent cafe and bar and offer tours of the brewery.
- Highland Park Distillery and visitors centre do tours and tastings.
- Scapa Distillery just recently opened its doors to visitors.
- Kirkness and Gorie in Kirkwall, is a wine and fine foods shop, run by writer, musician and food & wine expert, Duncan McLean.
- Kirkwall has many great cafes and restaurants including The Reel, Trenabies cafe, Cafe Lolz, The Strynd tearoom, Lucanos Italian, Busters American-style diner, The West End Hotel and The Garden Centre tearoom. In Stromness there is Julia’s Cafe Bistro and the Stromness Cafe.